Are you stuck in a rut and longing for a change of career? If you have strong administration skills and want to take the first step to an exciting career in the ventilation and air conditioning industry we want to hear from you.
McCullough’s Ltd are looking for an Office Administrator (Estimating) to join the team based at our offices in Newmarket.
Working closely with the Project Managers, you will assist in producing accurate and commercially astute estimates and tender submissions to specified deadlines. You must work well within a team setting, and be confident dealing with customers, suppliers and third parties.
Main duties of the role:
- To act as the first point of contact for potential customers
- Costing ductwork installations to comply with the design brief, specification & drawings
- Obtaining quotations & negotiating costs with suppliers & specialist subcontractors
- Assisting in preparing the bid return documentation & in negotiating the order
- Using computerised estimating software (Ensign)
- Liaising with project managers to understand complex & non-standard job requirements
Skills and experience:
- A good standard of general education
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in IT (Microsoft) – ability to adapt to other job specific systems
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Previous experience in an office environment preferred
- Previous experience in estimating is preferred but not essential as initial training will be provided
McCullough’s is keen to offer all employees the opportunity to develop their skills and abilities. Success in this role could lead to further opportunities within the ventilation and air conditioning industry.
Part time hours will be considered in line with operational needs.
As a member of the McCullough’s team you can expect:
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience
- Access to the company pension scheme
- A friendly and inclusive working environment
- Scope for further career development
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
To be a part of the on-going success of this Company please sent your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to James McCullough, Managing Director, McCulloughs Limited, 5D Victoria Way, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7SH. Tel: 01638 666489.
Vacancy advertised October 2019.